When I started my career on June 7, 2010, I never thought that this “CHN10AJ016” would mean to me this much. It all started out like a typical class, struggling for interaction. However, over a few days, our batch turned to be one of the best-interactive batches, in my opinion. The honorable reason for this is basically 1 person-Mohamed Sithik, fondly called the gangleader, batch topper, Sithik anna etc. This anna can survive without eating, but not without talking. With this initiative, Easwar, Sam, Deepak anna, Guru Prasad and others kicked off the perfect interaction, that I never managed to enjoy during college life (Which had been on my regret list for those 4 years).
There are special moments that cannot be confined to 1 post, but I will jot down a few which deserve the highest honor:
1. The daily fun that starts as Sithik anna and Sam start teasing Subaraj, Bino anna and Boopathi for any reason they can think of.
2. Nick names that are weird in every sense 🙂
3. The google group(ni-ju-yan) created for academic purposes, is used for evry other reason with a tinge of academic mails,that comes only from our trainer. 😛
4.The funny decorations that depicted something which none of us understood till date.
5. Little thefts in the class (master-planned by sithik anna and Sam) that send the owner of the stolen things on a searching spree for the day.
6. The first batch outing, organized as an Outreach visit. It was definitely a lifetime experience. (More on this: https://ch1blogs/blogs/239434, but this link can be viewed only by people in my company)
7. The birthday parties and treats-Cakes, Gifts and the famous poetry on the greeting cards specially written for the birthday baby (This poetry is again gifts bestowed by aanmeenga kavignar Sithik and puratchi kavignar Sam) which make us laugh till we have tears in our eyes. 🙂
8. Special mention to August 19th,2010- Having ordered a cake for Sandhya,Vidya and Jagadeesh anna who shared their birthdays in the same week, Subaraj (surrounded by 5 aaruyir nanbargal to protect him) was bringing the huge box to our class. Since bringing edibles to class are not allowed, the security attempted to stop these guys. The thick friends of Suba vanished in a moment and Suba caught in a fight or flight situation decided upon the later. As the running race came to an end, the security had already caught up to our class with the help of walkie-talkies. Then, convincing the security that we really didn’t know that edibles were not allowed to class, is another big story. The real comedy was when the security later told us, actually it wouldn’t have been a problem if Suba had stopped and explained the situation to him and kept the cake in the pantry to be taken out later and enjoyed.
9. The food-craze that prevails among the guys, especially Easwar, Sithik anna and Sam(Occasionally accompanied by Deepak anna and Subaraj). Any edible stuff is stuffed into their mouths even before their mind processes what the stuff is. The speed at which 1 glass of fresh lime juice goes poof with 5 straws is really worth mentioning.
10. The way these guys, find reasons and incidents to tease us (Lavanya and Sandhya are the all-time victims while me, Nargunadevi and Jayapriya are also pulled into the trap, now and then)
11. The fun sessions with Boopathi as the mediator The Dumb charades, The robot game,Tom and Jerry game (Actually Robot and Tom and Jerry became more of a hit session, as we start hitting the blind-folded person with paper balls) and Anthakshari. Also, the chris-mom and chris-child game that we played for the friends’ week led to funny tasks and funny gifts.
12. The podhu maathu for the topper of the respective assessments.
13. The days when our class guys take up umbrellas from the common umbrella bin, when it was neither hot nor rainy, singing “Antha vaanatha pola manasu irukka..” for Bino anna.
14.CRICAT’10 brought me rewards which I didn’t deserve 😉 and I got new friends through Sam. I never thought I will go to a cricket match even as a substitute, but it happened.
15.The beatings that Sam and Easwar will get from us, especially me, with Deepak anna giving slight hints as of how to beat them more effectively.
16.The silly fights and sentimental talks 😉 (Sam, this one’s for you)
17.Among all chaos, the sleep that Jegadeesh anna enjoys invariably(Deepak anna too, but the difference is Jegadeesh anna will do when all others are playing and Deepak anna will do when the class is going on :))
18.The precious last few days at SFEW01 with me, Boopathi, Sam playing arm wrestling and of course, I got beaten in all the matches 😦
As these days narrowed down and as people started to leave to explore their career elsewhere, I felt one of the best times of my life coming to an end. I am surprised at how soon Monday-morning-blues became Friday-evening-blues, as we started feeling bored on weekends. I cannot do justice to these wonderful days, how much ever I write as it is too short a period, yet too long for the amount of fun we had. All I can say is, CHN10AJ016 is unforgettable for me.
Only photos and videos are left to relive those moments. I am reminded of this famous forward-“ Life is so unfair. First, it gives us so much time to know each other. Then, when we know each other well, we don’t have enough time to be together”. This has happened more than once in almost all of our lives and this time, words are not enough to describe the impact.